Troop 458, St. Philip Episcopal Church, Memphis (Lakeland area) is going to Philmont in 2014. Our arrival date at Philmont is July 7, 2014 and our departure date from Philmont is July 19, 2014. While our travel plans have not been finalized, we expect to depart Memphis for Philmont on July 5, 2014 and return the evening of July 20.
We have a limited number of positions on this trip available for youth participants under the age of 21 from other units.
The cost to participate will be approximately $1,050, including the $800 Philmont fee.
The fees will be due as follows:
$100 at time of initial sign-up
$350 by September 15, 2013
$350 by February 15, 2014
$250 by June 1, 2014
We will be spending 10 days and nights on the trail at Philmont, one day before and after at Philmont camping headquarters, two nights on the way to Philmont and one night on the way home.
Participants must meet the following requirements:
- At least 14 years old by the time of arrival at Philmont (or at least 13 and completed the eighth grade)
- Height and weight guidelines.
- Approval of their unit leader
- Participate in backpacking trip with the group in the Spring of 2014.
- Personal preparation as appropriate.
- Have appropriate personal gear for the trip.
- Approval of the crew advisor.
This is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Space is very limited.
For further information, please contact:
Ron Edmonds 901-351-1510 firstname.lastname@example.org
Don May email@example.com